There are two types of people in this world: those who play fantasy football and those who can't possibly fathom how an imaginary sport has managed to blossom into a bona fide $3 billion industry.
If you're of the latter sort, then you probably don't indulge in 20+ hours of football a week; watching, scouting and scrutinizing a winning fantasy agenda. Without our turf-colored glasses, we fanatics might envy all that spare time you have on your hands, but what can we say? We're hooked, even if it means any extra time we have over the next four months will be spent wringing our hands in a self-induced state of panic and anticipation.
The biggest upside to the madness is that it’s absolutely the best way to watch football when you can't be front and center on the field, but that’s not the only benefit. But, since we can still smell your sour imperiousness, we have summoned the fantasy gods to strengthen our defense of the best game invented since the game of football itself with these reasons why people love it:
1. If you choose to commission a league, you get to boss around your buddies and make them fork over a wad of cash.
2. If you win, you get a bucket of loot AND bragging rights for the following year.
3. Besides, what other topic can you discuss with each random Joe sitting next to you on the bus, bar stool, park bench or next stall over – the weather?!
4. You're always looking for a way to playfully tease your friends and coworkers without it ending in hurt feelings and lost jobs. Well, here it is; a place where playing nice is frowned upon.
5. You likely have built-up rage over legitimate stresses in your life, and it feels good to unleash it at the telly when some receiver drops a game-winning pass.
6. Sundays are filled with excitement, joy and camaraderie that dissolve the looming responsibilities of the upcoming workweek.
7. At times, your deepest allegiances will be tested, but it’s only to make your loyalties stronger.
8. In terms of physicality, it's an even playing field, which may be the biggest reason why some 30 million Americans and Canadians embrace the exhilarating life of fantasy football.
But, no matter how you decide to watch football this season, <a title="ATG Stores Homepage" href="http://www.atgstores.com/default.aspx" target="_blank">ATGstores.com</a> has exactly what you need to do it in style.